The Process of Selling your Home:
Here is a simple guide to help illustrate the steps taken to getting your home sold.
Understanding the Process
- Preparing to Sell – Meet with a Landmark Agent to go over recent comparable sales in your neighborhood and review the home for staging.
- Setting the Price – Establishing a fair market value for the home
- Staging the Home – This includes fixing, cleaning up, and replace any items in the home to ensure that the first impressions buyers get…it a good one.
- Showing the Home – Landmark Agents will set up a broker showing (to show other Real Estate agents the home), Open Houses, and Private Showings.
- Reviewing the Offers – Once the offers start coming on the home, your Landmark Agent will review the details so you can make a decision.
- Signing of the Sale Contract – Once you accept an offer, the sales contract is signed
- Closing – Your done! The Title of the property is transferred from you (the seller) to the buyer.
These steps are meant to give you an overview of the process, there are attorneys, mortgage bankers, title companies, other real estate agents involved in the transaction that each play their part. As your Real Estate Agent, it is our job to make sure we keep the process moving and protect you as our client.
Getting Your Home Ready to Show: Clean Up, Repair, Clear Out
Start by asking your Landmark Real Estate Agent to walk through the entire property with you. Next to a fair asking price, the most important ingredient to a successful sale is how your house looks to a buyer. To get top dollar and sell quickly, you must prepare your home and property so that it’s in top-notch, move in conditions. Remember, you only get one chance to make the right impression. With over 25 years experiences, we can help you see your home through the eyes of a buyer. From tips on sprucing up the yard to low cost suggestions on updating your kitchen and changing your lighting. We will provide expert advice on how to stage your home to sell fast and for the right price.
Getting the most for your Home
After reviewing sale prices of comparable homes in your area, you will be ready to set a fair asking price for your property. Properly priced homes sell faster and for a higher price during the first three to four weeks of the listings. If your price doesn’t stack up, buyers will quickly move on to the next listing. And the longer your property sits the less negotiating power you will have. Partnering with Landmark can help you make the most out of your prime marketing period (first 3 to 4 weeks). We have the skills and resources to help establish a price that ensure a quick and profitable sale.
Attracting Serious Buyers
Over 96% of all buyers search the web to find their home. We have invested in getting your listings seen by as many Massachusetts home buyers as possible. With over 25,000 views a month on our corporate site www.Landmarkweb.com and getting your listings on all the major sites; Trulia, Zillow, Aol Real Estate, Google, and Boston.com, we maximize the chance of a buyer finding your home and scheduling a showing. As a result, we will get more showings more often from qualified buyers, which will increase our chances of selling the home fast and for the right price.
Negotiating the Best Deal
Moving the Real Estate transaction from offer to acceptance includes a series of steps. It requires negotiating skills a thorough understanding of deeds, abstracts, offer, contingencies, disclosures, title searches, mortgage financing, ect…Working with a Landmark Agent can dramatically improve your chances of selling at the right price. We know that getting the most profit out of your home is vital to having a successful sale, that is why we prepare and arm ourselves with the knowledge and skills to get the highest sale price for your home.
At closing, you and the buyer will each have completed the conditions and met the terms required by the purchase contract. The title of the property will be transferred to the buyer. Your Landmark Agent will be there to facilitate a smooth closing and ensure all terms were met.